Friday, October 15, 2010

Baseball LCS predictions - The SFB Podcast (10/15/2010).....

The Division Series are in the books and I am happy with picking three of the four series correctly, but upset that the Twins were my one incorrect choice. Paul Lebowitz picked the same teams and joins me on the podcast to review the Divisional playoffs and look ahead to the League Championship Series match-ups. Plus we cover the General Manager search for Paul's New York Mets. Enjoy.

Below is a quick recap of my predictions, with a detailed look at each series in my discussion with Paul.

Phillies over Giants in 6 - This is a classic series to me as I love good starting pitching and this series has a ton of it on both teams. The Phillie offense is a little better than the Giants, but I am not overly confident for either team to score many runs against the other's staff. Scores of 3-2 and 4-3 will dominate the series. Philadelphia matches the "Wiz Kids" and win their third straight NL Championship.

Rangers over Yankees in 6 - AJ Burnett hit the backstop and two of his teammates in a simulated game and he is scheduled to start Game 4. Never thought I would say the Texas Rangers have the better pitching staff, but in this match-up they do. The Mariano Rivera against Neftali Feliz match-up in the closer role does scare me, but I think the Rangers hit enough to not have Rivera be the deciding factor of the series.

Paul on Twitter                    Paul's website

The SportsFan Buzz: October 15, 2010 (right click to "save as target)

You can find and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
You can subscribe to have The SportsFan Buzz delivered to your inbox.
The SportsFan Buzz is on Facebook.
Follow The SportsFan Buzz on Twitter.

Voice over talent provided by Morgan Thomas.

No comments: